Senior Clinical Prosthetist & Orthotist
Purpose of the role
Senior Prosthetist and Orthotist will work on more complex cases with greater independence to assess,
diagnose, measure, fit and prescribe medical support devices that are suitable for patients with
musculoskeletal and neuromuscular conditions requiring orthotics and patients with limb amputations
requiring prosthetics. This position requires a higher degree of innovation and creativity in solving problems.
Problems encountered are moderate to difficult in complexity. Decision making is made under general
supervision. They will work within a multi-disciplinary setting and communicate effectively to the internal
and external stakeholders. They will also guide the team of Prosthetists and Orthotists, maintain a smooth
delivery of clinical services and contributes to development of clinical knowledge.
This role reports to Associate Centre Manager / Centre Manager.
- Participates and assists in the administration of the prosthetics and orthotics modification lab/space
- Provides guidance and direction to Prosthetists, Orthotists, Technicians, Senior Technicians including scheduling work assignments, monitoring quality and performance, coordinating workflow in fabrication/ modification, coordinating inventory management.
- Evaluates and treats patients with physical disabilities, disease or deformity for appropriate orthotic and/or prosthetic treatment.
- Consults when necessary with prescribers and therapists on optimal treatment plan
- Attends continuing education conferences/webinars and shares information with other Prosthetists and Orthotists
- Maintains supply of orthoses, prostheses, and components
- Provides leadership to process improvement activities and clinical knowledge opportunities
- Has the ability to provide leadership in coverage of Clinic in Associate Centre Manager/ Centre Manager’s absence.
- Partners with Associate Centre Manager / Centre Manager on Clinic Development Program
Conversion of Leads
Contribution to revenue
In-clinic & Ex-clinic promotion activities
Adherence to Clinical Development Program & Training Calendars
Strive for Results
Commit to Customers
Act for Change
Understanding of complex Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity and Biomechanics
Complex Clinical and Fabrication Skills – Prosthetics, Orthotics and Podiatry
Establishing and adhering to standard work and quality protocols
Associate Centre Manager / Centre Manager
Clinical Team including Technicians and Senior Technicians
Upgrading P & O Knowledge
Upgrading Clinical Assessment Skills
Upgrading Fabrication Skills & Techniques
Minimum Educational Qualification
Bachelor’s in Prosthesis and Orthosis required
Registration under Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum years of experience – Minimum of 4+ years